Stanford Bonding

I recently attended an admitted students' reception for the GSB. Head of admissions, Derrick Bolton, was there, and he personally greeted every single student. Plus, he remembered the industries that each of us were in, and then tried to connect people with similar backgrounds or interests. Since there were quite a few of us, I was incredibly impressed by this personal touch.

I've heard a lot about the close-knit GSB community, but since being admitted, I have been able to see first-hand how they put their words into action. From Derrick's marathon day of calls on the decision date, to having a handwritten note included with my admit letter, to having him remember my background and current company, I have been blown away! The application process was super stressful for me, so it feels really good to be wanted. Stanford and Tuck have been the two schools that have made me feel the most special, like they truly care about me as an individual. I can only imagine the connections I would be able to form as a student at the GSB.





Comments